Volunteer your expertise and knowledge on a variety of boards and committees, ensuring an open and responsive government. More than 50 community volunteers serve on the nine City boards and committees reviewing issues, providing guidance, and recommending policies that improve the community. All board meetings are subject to the Kansas Open Meetings Act.
City of Augusta Boards and Committees
- Augusta Municipal Airport Advisory Board
- Augusta Public Library Board
- Board of Building Trades
- Convention and Tourism Committee
- Economic Development Board
- Main Street Design Committee
- Park Advisory Board
- Planning Commission
- Street Sales Tax Advisory Committee
The following boards and committees meet as needed. Check the City calendar for upcoming meetings.
- Alcohol Grant Application Committee
- Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee
- any ad-hoc committees created by the City Council
- any work sessions or special meetings held by the City Council, boards, committees, and commissions
Other Boards and Committees
The Mayor appoints members to the Augusta Housing Authority and Public Library Board but the City does not oversee the boards or the staff of the those respective institutions.
Augusta Progress Inc.
API facilitates economic development opportunities, grant programs, and business development services. The City works closely with Augusta Progress Inc. but does not oversee operations and does not appoint members to the board.
Attendance and Compensation
Members are expected to regularly attend and participate in all meetings. All service is without compensation and on a volunteer basis.