A portion of the City’s annual Alcohol Liquor Tax receipts is designated for services related to:
- alcoholism and drug abuse prevention and education,
- alcohol and drug detoxification,
- intervention in alcohol and drug abuse,
- treatment of persons who are alcoholics or drug abusers, or are in danger of becoming alcoholics or drug abusers, or
- as of 2020 (Charter Ordinance No. 17) the creation or operation of a domestic violence program.
The City of Augusta provides grants to non-profit organizations and agencies dedicated to providing alcohol- and drug-related prevention services in our community. The maximum grant award is $5,000.
If your nonprofit is interesting in applying for the program, please contact Assistant to the City Manager Susie Geiger at email@example.com to receive an application. Applications are due by Thursday, November 12, 2020.