Link to Application:
- Businesses must have a DUNS number (there is no cost for this) in order to apply. Get your DUNS number here.
- Complete and submit the online application.
- Provide job certification forms for all employees on your payroll as requested by the city (required by CDBG to verify Low to Moderate Income (LMI) thresholds). Cert forms can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or hand delivered to Augusta City Hall at 113 E. 6th, attn: Susie Geiger.
- If approved, execute a grant agreement with city (view sample agreement).
- City will review and submit approved applications to State of Kansas for authorization to release funds.
- Once approved, city will release funds to business.
- City will require receipts or other proof (e.g. payroll records, copies of invoice/checks, etc.) to verify that funding was used appropriately.
Program Guidelines and Requirements
- Program is only available to for-profit businesses. Non-profit businesses, governments, and churches are not eligible to apply.
- All funding under this program must be used for "working capital" as defined by the State of Kansas. Working capital includes salaries and wages, purchase of inventory, utilities (city utility bills are not eligible), rent, insurance payments, etc. Costs can be reimbursed back to March 1, 2020 or used for future expenses through the end of the year.
- Businesses are eligible if they have between 1-50 employees and have suffered losses due to COVID-19.
- 51% of employees must fall within the low to moderate income threshold. The low to moderate income threshold is satisfied if gross adjusted income from the prior 12 months falls below Column C in this income chart depending on the number of family members in the household.
- Businesses cannot duplicate benefits from federal sources of funding. It is a duplication of benefits only if the CV funding is used for the same time period and same expenses as other federal funds.