About the Service
The City of Augusta operates an automated curbside single stream recycle collection system. Collection occurs once each week on the same designated collection days as your trash. Citizens are also able to drop off recyclables, e-waste, and metal at the recycle center located at 400 S. Grove. The city’s service is “single-stream” meaning that all recyclable materials may be commingled (or mixed) in the same cart.
About the Recycle Carts
The carts used for the curbside recycle collection system are city property. Each cart has a serial number assigned to your address. The recycle carts shall not be used as a second cart for trash; the lid lists all acceptable recycle materials. If non-recyclable materials are found in the recycle cart, the cart will not be picked up until the materials are removed or the user of the cart pays a special pickup fee.
DO NOT BAG OR PACKAGE RECYCLABLES. ONLY LOOSE ITEMS MAY BE PLACED IN THE CART.
Participation in the curbside recycling program is voluntary, but opting out will not reduce your monthly fee. To opt out of having a recyling cart, please contact the Solid Waste Division at 316- 775-4560.
- Recycle carts should be placed as shown. At least 3 feet of separation shall be maintained between the carts, and the area shall be clear of trees, shrubs, mailboxes, parked vehicles, etc. Drivers need an unobstructed path for emptying the carts. Carts may be placed in the curb and gutter pan if the yard grade is too steep for carts to stand upright.
- Your cart should be facing the street with the lid fully closed and shall not block the driveway or be away from the curb.
- Carts shall be placed for collection between 5 p.m. the day before collection and 6 a.m. the day of collection and removed from the curb the same day as collected.
- Only put acceptable recycle items in your carts.
- Avoid overfilling the carts. Lid must be completely closed.
- Rinse your carts out with a garden hose as needed. It is the customer’s responsibility to keep the cart clean.
- Report damaged carts to the Utility or Solid Waste Office immediately. A replacement fee will be billed to your account for damage caused by improper use of the cart.