An irreplaceable cultural landmark for the Augusta community, the 102-year-old Frisco Depot is one of seven Augusta properties on the Kansas and/or National Register of Historic Places. Constructed between the years 1909 and 1910, the Augusta Frisco Station has witnessed the growth, development, and expansion of the Augusta community. During its active lifespan, the depot served as an important export point for locally produced agricultural products, and a primary import point for manufactured goods and merchandise.
Today, the beautifully restored Frisco Depot serves as Augusta’s Welcome Center. The front lobby houses offices for Downtown Augusta Inc. and the Augusta Chamber of Commerce as well as a small museum featuring historic railroad artifacts and a diorama donated by the Augusta Model Railroad Club. The Frisco Depot Welcome Center features two meeting rooms, the San Frisco Room and the St. Louis Room, that are available to rent for parties, showers, and family get-togethers.
Frisco Depot room reservations are handled by the Augusta Chamber of Commerce who can be reached at 316-775-6339 or by email at email@example.com. You can find more information including a room reservation calendar on the Chamber's website.