Ladies and gentleman, this playground is extreme! Towering nearly 30 feet in the sky, the newest addition to Frisco Plaza in Augusta’s downtown Red Brick District is the tallest manufactured playground in Kansas. Adjacent to Augusta’s Frisco Depot Welcome Center and just one block south of U.S. Highway 54/400, the ropes course inspired Dalton Palmer Memorial Playground will truly get your adrenaline pumping. Do you have the guts for extreme play? The extreme generation (XGEN) playground features:
- a nearly 30-foot tower with a 16-foot deck and 30-foot slide;
- two towers reaching more than 26- and 24-feet high, each with 12-foot decks and tunnel slides;
- three 20-foot, fully enclosed skyways connecting at 12-feet high; each featuring a challenging climbing activity; and
- a one-of-a-kind gravity rail that swings riders around a rollercoaster-like circular track.
Land for the playground was donated to the City of Augusta to construct the park by the Troy Palmer and his family in memoriam to his son Dalton Palmer who passed away in 2014. Visit the family's project website to learn more about Dalton and help preserve his memory.
Top 5 Reasons to Visit Dalton Palmer Memorial Playground:
- Day trips, staycations, and school field trips
- Energizing rest stop – the playground is located near the junction of U.S. Highway 77 and U.S. Highway 54/400
- Reserve the Frisco Depot Welcome Center for an unforgettable birthday party. Frisco Train Depot and Welcome Center Room Rental Agreement
- Host an organizational team-building event or challenge course
- Make a day of it with unique shopping, dining, and attractions in Augusta’s downtown Red Brick District