- Health Insurance
- PPO Coverage
- Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Insurance benefits are available to employees on the first of the month following 30 full days of employment. View healthcare premiums table (employee contributions)*
*Premiums inclusive of medical, Rx, dental, and Vision
PPO Coverage – rates include Medical, Rx, Dental and Vision Medical Insurance
All regular employees and their eligible dependents may enroll in a Health Insurance Plan provided through Meritain. The City pays over 90% of the employee’s health insurance premium.
Employees and their eligible dependents also have access to:
- TELADOC providing free phone/video doctor consultations
- Healthcare Bluebook free online tool that can help you better understand what you should pay for healthcare procedures, as well as find providers offering fair prices in the area
- Benefits Resources Center free benefits concierge assistance service (855) 874-0742.
- Fairmarket Health where many procedures are available for purchase at 'best price' rates and where the City pays 100%.
All regular employees and their eligible dependents enrolled in the Health Insurance Plan are also enrolled in the Prescription Insurance Plan provided thru MedTrak. The City pays over 90% of the employee’s prescription insurance premium.
All regular employees and their eligible dependents may enroll in a dental insurance program provided through Delta Dental of Kansas. The City pays over 90% of the employee’s dental insurance premium.
All regular employees and their eligible dependents may enroll in a vision insurance program provided through Superior Vision. The City pays over 90% of the employee’s vision insurance premium.
Flexible Spending Accounts
All regular employees may enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) provided thru Paylocity. FSAs are designed to save the consumer money on their taxes by reducing taxable income. The City offers two FSAs:
- Health Care FSA – employees may contribute up to $2,750 per year
- Dependent Care FSA – employees may contribute up to $5,000 per year
*All benefits are reviewed regularly with coverage, rates, and carriers subject to change based on organizational need.