City Clerk and Finance

The finance department is responsible for maintaining and providing for proper accounting and control of all municipal, fiscal, and legal records. The Director of Finance oversees the investment of city funds, oversees the maintenance of accounting records for both expenditures and revenues, and assists with the preparation of the annual budget. The finance department issues city employee payroll and payment of accounts payable invoices.

The City Clerk is the custodian of records and serves as the City's Freedom of Information Officer. The City Clerk oversees the utility billing department, meter reading, accounts receivable, payroll records, licensing, investments, and the budget.

Payment CenterThe Online Payment Center is your one-stop shop for making payments on your city utility bills, municipal court fines, building permits, contractor licenses, park shelter reservations and more.

Online Payments IconOnline Payments
Visit the online payment center. The city utilizes third party vendors for certain payment services; vendor fees and credit card fees may apply.

Open Records RequestsThe City of Augusta maintains public records and makes them available to the public in accordance with the Kansas Open Records Act (KORA). Many records such as Council meeting minutes, agenda packets, videos, ordinances, etc. are readily accessible on the City’s website. Contact the City Clerk or submit a request if the record you seek is not available on the City website.

Cereal Malt Beverage Licenses

  • Licenses are issued annually and expire December 31 of each year
  • Applications must be approved by the Augusta City Council
  • Applications are available on the State of Kansas website
  • Mail or deliver your completed application and $100 annual fee to the City Utility Office
  • Municipal Code of Ordinances – Chapter 3, Article 2 Cereal Malt Beverages

Alcoholic Liquor Licenses

  • City licenses are issued to coincide with the date of the State of Kansas license
  • Present your State of Kansas issued license and appropriate City license fee to the City Utility Office
    • Occupational Tax (Sale for Off Premises Consumption) - $150 annual
    • Retail liquor sales - $300 annual fee
    • Beer Distributors License - $50 annual fee
  • Municipal Code of Ordinances – Chapter 3, Article 3 Alcoholic Liquor

Solicitor/Peddler’s and Door-to-Door Licenses

  • Licenses are issued by the City Clerk with approval from the Director of Public Safety after payment of license fees
    • Annual Fee - $100
    • Daily Fee - $25
  • Solicitation or sales by any peddler, solicitor or canvasser shall be conducted only between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
  • Municipal Code of Ordinances – Chapter 4, Article 1 Solicitors, Canvassers, Peddlers